Entries for the 2019 Air New Zealand Cargo ExportNZ Awards are in, resulting in a diverse field of top Kiwi exporters from a variety of sectors in all awards categories.
Companies from Northland, Auckland and Waikato have entered in the 10th annual awards, which celebrate global success locally. They include exporters that offer products and services in manufacturing, beauty, biotech, tourism, technology, pharmaceutical, innovation and food sectors.
High calibre judges hand-picked by ExportNZ for each award category now visit every entrant and audit them against a stringent set of criteria.
Headed by former teacher, diplomat, corporate international manager and current ExportNZ Director, Heather Baigent, the judging panels for each category also include expertise across different industries and specialist sectors.
New judges this year include:
- Angela Buglass, president of CosmeticsNZ and former chief executive of Trilogy
- Marc Michel, former chief executive of Mastip Technology
- Jayne Perry, Waikato-based marketing specialist
- Dean Barker, director of Research and Development at Compac
- Mike Riley, StrategyNZ principal
- Brett Piper, director of Collaborative Insights and former business affairs director at Les Mills
- Perry Sansom, former vice president Global Marketing and ANZ at Compac (a TOMRA Group Company)
- Ray Connor, general manager asBUILT
In addition to a site visit, the judges take a deep dive into the business to cover off all aspects from their processes and supply chain to financial sustainability and leadership. Insights from a report produced regardless of the outcome in the awards proves very useful for all entrants.
Once site visits have been completed the list of entries is narrowed down to finalists in each category on May 15, with winners announced at the Air NZ Cargo ExportNZ Awards gala dinner on June 27.
To find out more visit http://www.exportexcelerator.co.nz/export-awards/.