As the manufacturing industry keeps growing in complexity, Servitization is growing in popularity and shifting business models within the industry.
ExportNZ suggest registering for this half-day workshop if you are a manufacturer or have manufacturing customers that are trying to:
- monetise their services
- improve their customer value proposition and/or
- develop new businesses
Andrew Gill (ex BAE Systems & A.T. Kearney) is coming out from the UK to facilitate the workshop on ‘Servitization’. Rarely do we get to hear such topics, and rarely from such a global expert.
How Servitization could impact the future of your teamServitization has the potential to impact the way field service is managed.
- Technician’s as lead generators: In the Field Service Europe 2014 report, a third of respondents earned 35% or higher in profits from services. In addition, 44% view field service technicians as qualified lead generators.
- Greater need for a Mobile Management System
- Industrial internet of things growing in importance: Tracking products remotely allows manufacturers to use ‘data analytics’ to inform their service efforts
The workshop will cover:
- Service innovation and the ‘Service Staircase’
- How to exploit your ecosystem for business model innovation
- An activity to explore ecosystem innovation opportunities for your business
- Development of a Company action plan
Friday, 27th October 2017
8.00am – 1.00pm
EMA Business Hub
145 Khyber Pass Rd, Grafton, Auckland 1023